In the summer of 2020, when the entire world was on lockdown and freedoms were restricted to limits never seen outside of war time, while most of us were hiding in our homes and sanitizing our groceries, Kolohe Andino and four of his closest friends risked everything and embarked on a surf trip for the ages. A rally against repression. A Crusade. In the face of relentless logistic, social and political roadblocks, they were the first International surfers to enter Indonesia, just in time for a relentless run of swell and score some of the best surf ever seen in the Mentawai Islands. This book, a companion to Kolohe’s forthcoming film Reckless Isolation is the photographic documentation of that trip. That Crusade. The Last Crusade.
Featuring the surfing of Kolohe Andino, Griffin Colapinto, Crosby Colapinto, Ian Crane and Luke Davis. Showcasing the photography of Nathan Lawrence and the writings, rumblings and ruminations from many of surfings finest wordsmiths, as well as in-depth profile interviews with the surfers themselves.
At nearly 300 pages and loaded with hand drawn maps, humorous illustrations and caricature portraits, juxtaposed with some of the most striking images ever captured of the Mentawai archipelago, The Last Crusade is a once in a life time travel tale, documented in beautiful, high gloss ink and paper, at a time when printed surf media is a dwindling and dying art form.
• All International Orders require a custom quote. Please contact us
• We offer Free Returns on purchases of $100 or more! Orders under $100 will need to provide their own return label.
• Certain items are Non-Returnable. These include: Bikini Bottoms & One-Piece Swimsuits, Used Surfboards, Gift Cards and Sale Items.
• When making a return, please include your Order# in your box and send the package to:
The Surf Station | Attention: Returns
1020 Anastasia Blvd.
St. Augustine, FL 32080
When will my order ship?
• Please allow 2-4 business days for processing before your order ships. We will provide you with an email once your order ships with a tracking number.
Do you offer expedited shipping?
• Yes, we do offer expedited services including Overnight, 2-Day, and more. Please email: email@example.com a quote. Expedited orders placed after 3pm will be shipped the following business day.
Do you offer in-store pickup?
Yes. Please allow 24 hours to process and pull selected items. All items should be picked up at the main location, unless otherwise arranged with the online shipping department.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …