THIS BOARD IS CURRENTLY NOT FOR SALE & IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO RENT AT OUR STORE IN ST. AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA.
Firewire Sci-Fi 2.0 Slater Designs Demo Surfboard
KS1 5-Fin Medium Fins
The Firewire Sci-Fi 2.0 Surfboard from Slater Designs with FCS II fins is a high-performance fast responsive design for small to medium waves. Designed to be ridden 1" shorter than it's predecessor. The all new Firewire Sci-Fi 2.0 from Slater Designs in LFT construction with FCS II fins features a wide point forward of center, which allows the design to be ridden 1" shorter than it's predecessor with more volume packed into shorter length. It also has a more pulled-in tail and rocker (similar to the Cymatic) giving the design greater range than the original, while still maintaining good small wave prowess. The most notable changes for me in the Sci-Fi 2.0 from the Original Sci-Fi is the narrower tail with increased exit rocker, and 1” shorter in length. All three of these changes give the Sci-Fi 2.0 a high-performance upgrade in the pocket and extended the wave range to 3-8’ surf n a shorter package compared to the OG Sci-Fi. A couple other changes to the Sci-Fi 2.0 that were not as noticeable to me is the wide point shoved forward, and increased depth of Tomo’s Quad Inside Single Concave for greater lift and responsiveness. I found the Original Sci-Fi to be faster down the line in smaller mushy surf due to it having a wider tail with less rocker. If you loved the performance of your OG Sci-Fi, then you will be stoked on the upgrades with the 2.0. These changes put the Sci-Fi 2.0 in the HPSB category, and I highly recommend it for intermediate – pro level surfers.
Demo surfboards allow to try it before you buy it. We carry a wide variety of surfboards for you to test out. All Demo boards are availble for purchase. Your rental $ will be applied towards the purchase of the boards.
1 Day - $40
2 Days - $60
3 Days - $80
4 Days - $10
7 Days - $125
How much to ship a Used Surfboard?
• Shipping rates can vary depending on size & destination.
• Used Surfboards on Consignment are more expesive to ship. See separate shipping rates below.
• Surfboards with glass-on fins, and ultra wide boards are subject to different shipping costs.
• All Surfboards Over 8'1 require LTL Freight.This type of freight is different from standard FedEx or UPS shipments, and can be quite expensive, but we will work as best as we can to find our cheapest, most trusted carrier based on the resources available.
What if I don't like the Demo Board I rented, can I swap for a different one?
•Yes! Simply bring back the board you rented and if you see a different want that you would like to try, we can swap it out.
Does the surfboard come with fins?
• The Firewire Demo boards all come with a set of fins and some with a traction pad.
How do I know the condition of the board?
• We do our best to provide an acurate description of the use boards dents and dings and we also have a Star Rating System. If you would like more information or pictures on a board, please Contact Us.